[Freedombox-discuss] Plinth deb packages

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at debian.org
Tue Sep 3 08:44:52 UTC 2013

Hi

(not subscribed to the list. Please CC me replies if relevant)

I wanted to test this Plinth software I heard of in Debconf. I was
surprised to see noone botherd packaging it in any decent way for
Debian.

So here is a simple packaging:

Git repositories:
http://git.tzafrir.org.il/?p=plinth/plinth.git
http://git.tzafrir.org.il/?p=plinth/exmachina.git
http://git.tzafrir.org.il/?p=plinth/withsqlite.git

Packages:
http://tzafrir.org.il/~tzafrir/fbox/

Not an apt source: sorry.

At the moment it is semi-working. I didn't really get past the
first_boot module. Not sure why I'm stuck there. But I ran out of time
to check it.

Some changes:

* /usr/bin/plinth is a wrapper script rather than a symlink
* Separate directory for python code and for static content. Both under
  /usr/share/plinth
* Added thus entry 'python_root' to the configuration file. I'm not
  completely sure it is required.
* Removed 'vendor' prefix for exmachina and withsqlite: why isn't this
  handled with PYTHONPATH?

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best