[Freedombox-discuss] How to handle debian packaging of withsqlite i git?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Sep 11 05:48:11 UTC 2013

Hi.  On IRC, we have agreed that Bdale Garbee, Jonas Smedegaard, Petter
Reinholdtsen, Piotr Ożarowski and Tzafrir Cohen will be listed as
maintainers of the freedombox related packages we upload, and last night
I uploaded the first, withsqlite, based on the content of

The idea is to maintain the debian uploaded packages in git on alioth
(aka git.debian.org), in the freedombox project directory.  I've created
empty git repository to store the withsqlite package, but am unsure how
it best should be populated and what branches we should use.  A goal for
me is that git-buildpackage should work out of the box.  On one hand it
would be good to import the upstream git repo and the various branches
floating around.  Nick Daly have agreed to become upstream of
withsqlite, taking over from James Vasile who I am told are very busy
these days.

But for git-buildpackage to work well, I believe it is best to fetch a
tarball from github and import it using git-import-orig.  This will
create a repository detached from the upstream git history and the
branches floating around.  Is there some way to both import a tarball
and pull from upstream and contributors using git?

Any git expert in the house able to help out here.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen