[Freedombox-discuss] How to handle debian packaging of withsqlite i git?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Sep 11 10:16:35 UTC 2013

[Jonas Smedegaard]
> Great work!

Thank you.

> Not sure it is sensible to have me as uploader, though, as I am not
> comfortable using the packaging style involving short-form dh
> sequencer.  Fine with me if we instead use CDBS with classic-style
> debhelper (I am happy doing the conversion), but I can imagine that
> being similarly an issue for others, so guess best is simply that I
> step out of the loop.

Aha, I must have misunderstood on IRC.  Did not know you were so
attached to cdbs that you do not want to maintain packages using the
dh short form rules files.  I'll remove you from uploaders.

> (please beware, Petter, that I didn't confirm on irc to be listed as
> maintainer because of this dh/cdbs issue - I am not criticizing
> here, just mentioning because possibly others that you promote also
> haven't confirmed for whatever reason)

Might very well have misunderstood others too, yes.  I hope it isn't a
big issue for anyone, as it is easy to change.

> git-import-orig --upstream-vcs-tag=<tag/commit> <tarball>

Ah, thank you.  Just what I needed.  I fetched the git repo from
jvasile and imported the tarball, as well as my debian-packaging
branch based on the great work from Tzafrir.  The result is now up
alioth, I hope I got it right, or at least fixable wrong. :)

  git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/freedombox/withsqlite.git

Everybody, please help get this package working properly and into
Debian. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen