[Freedombox-discuss] Drop exmachina, use sudo instead - at least short term

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Sep 23 07:42:09 UTC 2013

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I've tested, and it worked just fine to use sudo and call action
> scripts instead of using exmachina.  Draft patch below.

I've cleaned up the patch and rewritten plinth to use sudo instead of
exmachine both places (hostname and time zone update).  The patch is
now available from <URL: https://github.com/petterreinholdtsen/Plinth/compare/sudo-not-exmachina >.
Please check it out and let me know if this is an OK way to move forward.

The patch is untested, and will probably see some updates if I find
typos in it.  I plan to base my Tor patch on top of this branch, and
publish it soon.  The tor patch is almost working, able to install and
start toor, but not using it for anything yet. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen