[Freedombox-discuss] Pulled the trigger on a Raspberry Pi Freedombox

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Apr 14 20:03:27 UTC 2014

[Chris Troutner]
> I've been greatly inspired by all of Petter Reinholdtsen's work on
> documenting his journey of building a Freedombox on the Raspberry
> Pi. I just pulled the trigger and bought all the stuff from Sparkfun
> that I'll need to build a Raspberry Pi based Freedombox. I'm going
> to be documenting my experience on this blog:

I am very glad to hear that my writings inspire people to join the
project. :)

> I would love any guidance in terms of avoiding potholes and/or
> following deprecated documentation. So far I am planning to follow
> the guides on Petter's blog:

Both are quite outdated, as the default build system (freedom-maker)
now build Debian based Raspberry Pi images.  I should write an update,
I guess. :)

> I'm an experienced electrical engineer and I've used Linux a bit,
> but I'll admit I'm a little intimidated. Let me know if there is any
> other information that you think would help me get off and running.

Please join us on IRC, #freedombox on irc.debian.org, where we discuss
the way forward from time to time. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen