[Freedombox-discuss] How do we handle package upgrades on the Freedombox?
dr at jones.dk
Thu Apr 17 12:19:26 UTC 2014
Quoting Anders Jackson (2014-04-17 13:14:56)
> Den 17 apr 2014 11:25 skrev "Jonas Smedegaard" <dr at jones.dk>:
> > Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2014-04-17 08:20:22)
>>> If that work, jwchat is broken,
>> Ahh, now I realize what your point is: Declaring and applying must be
>> done together - so as to distinguish between stale answers (which
>> must not take precedence over package data) and current explicitly
>> seeded answers (which should take precedence).
> So if dpkg-reconfigure is trained to takes precedence as file
> contents, stdin and/or switches, it would be ok then?
Imagine package foo-player with two debconf questions, gtk-theme and
1) install foo-player, and select "green" and "JackD"
2) edit /etc/foo-player.cfg to "theme = blue"
3) preseed new value for audio-bus "Pulseaudio"
4) run "dpkg-reconfigure --favor-answers-over-pkgstate"
Result would be that *both* theme and bus would be changed.
I have now raised the question at debian-devel at l.d.o - let's
discuss technical details there instead:
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 966 bytes
More information about the Freedombox-discuss