[Freedombox-discuss] Firewall for FreedomBox

Sunil Mohan sunil at medhas.org
Sun Apr 27 15:30:44 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 22 April 2014 09:09 PM, Sunil Mohan wrote:
[...]
> I totally overlooked the proxy script in my exploration of
> freedombox-setup for firewall purpose. :) I didn't test for it either :)
> It might in fact clash with FirewallD and FirewallD might remove those
> rules. I shall work on converting the rules to firewalld equivalent.

I have worked on masquerade support using firewalld. We can now get rid
of the proxy script. I have also introduced support for 'zone' based
configuration from Plinth. The two corresponding merge requests are here:

https://github.com/NickDaly/Plinth/pull/74

https://github.com/SunilMohanAdapa/freedombox-setup/commits/firewall2

I think there is one last remaining item for firewall setup: configure a
random (but later known) port for obfsproxy so that firewall can enable
the port.

--
Sunil