[Freedombox-discuss] (fwd) freedombox-setup is marked for autoremoval from testing

Tim Retout diocles at debian.org
Mon Jul 28 21:14:57 UTC 2014

Hi Petter!

[CCing the relevant bug and Ted]

On 28 July 2014 08:03, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> I was just told that this is still a problem, freedombox-setup will be
> removed from testing in a little over one week, and wonder what we
> should do.  Should we drop the package as a dependency?  Anyone
> working on fixing the RC bugs in the macchanger package?

My naive reading of the bug(s, which were merged) is that Theodore
Ts'o prepared a patch which the maintainer agreed to, then didn't NMU
it for some reason?

But he also thinks that macchiato should be packaged and used instead,
because macchanger (esp. the Debian version) generates very obviously
fake MAC addresses.

https://github.com/EtiennePerot/macchiato

So the patch is there for the uploading, but it looks like macchanger
in Debian has some odd patches, and maybe it's worth packaging the
other software.

In terms of not getting freedombox-setup removed, the NMU is quickest.
I'm hoping this email prodding Ted might work, but if no one else
volunteers, I could look at it - I'd like to understand the patches
first though.

--
Tim Retout <diocles at debian.org>