[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Cross Cutting Concerns in Plinth?

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:47:56 UTC 2014

Hi folks, Plinth doesn't currently handle cross-cutting concerns very
well.  For example, if I change the hostname, I need to individually
notify every service that depends on that hostname.  If Plinth had
better support for callbacks or advice, each service could just register
a function to be performed when the hostname changed.

Do you have any recommendations for tools or approaches (preferably with
working examples) that we could learn from to apply to Plinth?  I've
found a few examples, but I don't see an obvious best way forward yet.

Thanks for your time,
Nick