[Freedombox-discuss] Idea for cross freedombox email system not leaking metadata

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Nov 5 09:15:13 UTC 2014

[Jonathan Wilkes]
> Bjarni,
> What options are you exploring for funding?
>
> Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions.

These ideas about SMTorP and Cables sound great, but I am wondering
what is needed to get these options into the FreedomBox.  Can any of
you who know these approaches best tell us what needs to be done?  Are
Cables, SMTorP and Mailpile compatible?  Can they send email to each
other?

My initial aim for FreedomBox would be to set up a SMTP and IMAP
server that is capable of sending and receiving email via Tor while
still allowing the use of a normal mail client, and it would be great
if this system could send email to Cables and Mailpile too.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen