[Freedombox-discuss] Switch to btrfs on the Freedombox?

Craig Barnes cjbarnes18 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 23:15:49 UTC 2014

On 24 November 2014 at 06:34, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> Does this mean the freedom-maker/README file should be updated, or is
> this normally done in one of the scripts in freedom-maker or
> freedombox-setup?

This should only be a documentation change, I have submitted a minimal
PR with the adjustments to u-boot.

https://github.com/freedombox/freedom-maker/pull/1

> Did you still need to patch vmdebootstrap when using the x_bootargs_root
> setting above?

No changes are needed to vmdebootstrap to make this work.
I used the image that I created before making any of my adjustments to
vmdebootstrap.

I have noticed that the /btrfs/ path is not the the top of btrfs
filesystem as expected,
but the '@' subvolume.  I've not been able to find out why yet unfortunately.

Will this make managing snapshots problematic?