[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox - "Danube Edition"

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Oct 22 00:06:31 UTC 2014

Quoting Markus Sabadello (2014-10-22 01:29:15)
> So the message would basically be "you can get one, you can try to use
> it and learn about it, but don't rely on it".
> I noticed you just discussed how FreedomBox was not ready for the next
> Debian stable, but I think some people who don't know the command line
> would still want one.

You think some people who don't know the command line would want to buy
hardware to learn about it but not rely on it?

I think some people buy it but ignore the "but not rely on it" part -
because after playing with it (i.e. clicked on the web interface - they
don't know the command line) they conclude that if feels reliable enough
despite the warnings.

I think it is a bad idea to sell something that is not yet ready, to
someone who don't understand what that means:  We are all so very used
to reading and ignoring disclaimers.

Good luck with your projects,