[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox UI in your language

Philippe philophil_debian at hyperlecture.net
Wed Dec 2 11:32:37 UTC 2015

On 02/12/2015 11:58, Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen wrote:

> You are aware that when the .po's are updated from code (someone doing
> "django-admin makemessages -a" and pushing) the .po's will have to go
> through another round of proofreading before being ready for release?
>
> Added or changed strings will have to be reviewed by translators
> again, this has the potential of being a lot of work depending on the
> changes sine last update.
>
> That's why sync between code (github) and translation tool has some
> importance ;).
>
> - --
>      Mikkel

Hello Mikkel,

Being not a super techy person and in my understanding of the current
process, we have a pretty clear 2 stage work (translation/proof read) on
Transifex, the point would be: when is the good time to upload a
translation in order to avoid unnecessary uploads ? Is it good to upload
now all the local django file even not fully polished for first
experimental purpose ?

There is a solution to get to a stable process. Leaving Transifex for
weblate.
Weblate platform with Github sync feature has integrated FreedomBox this
morning
https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/freedombox/plinth/

Leaving Transifex (non free, no sync) for Weblate (free, sync) as the
recommanded tool seems logical and is the next move. In the meantime,
staying on Transifex can be a local choice from teams who are not
comfortable with other solutions. What do you think ?

---
Philippe