[Freedombox-discuss] For info only: 2 work arounds: dynamic DNS + django 1.9

Dietmar ndcdhimdsa at gmx.de
Wed Dec 9 08:00:22 UTC 2015

For info only:

1. As the regular update of the DNS does not work for me (plinth 0.6), I
configured dynamicDNS with:

> sudo '/usr/share/plinth/actions/dynamicdns' 'configure' '-s'
> 'gnudip.datasystems24.net' '-d' 'MyDomain.sds-ip.de' '-u'
> 'MyUserNameSameAsMyDomain' '-p' '-I' 'http://myip.datasystems24.de'
> '-U' 'none' '-c' 'disabled' '-b' 'disabled'

The '-p' option causes a prompt for the password.
Afterwards DynamicDNS automatically updates datasystems24 with the IP
address.

2. Django 1.9 entered Debian sid which breaks plinth 0.6 as the syncdb
feature is not supported any more. Work around is to install those
django packages from testing (still contains 1.8). This issue is as far
as I know resolved in 0.7, so once 0.7 is packaged this work around is
not necessary any more.