[Freedombox-discuss] Installing FreedomBox on a Digital Ocean VM (droplet)

Duncan Hutty dhutty at allgoodbits.org
Tue Dec 29 13:50:06 UTC 2015

On 12/28/15 7:53 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> That's what I tried. apt-get install freedombox-setup gives an "Unable
> to locate package freedombox-setup" error.
>
> Adrian
This is because it is not released for Debian 8.2; as stated, you need
the Testing release of Debian which is what will become the next stable
release, currently codenamed "Stretch". You can upgrade using
instructions from https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting, here's the most
relevant excerpt, but you'll want to read the whole doc:

"To upgrade to testing, if you have already installed the stable
release, edit your */etc/apt/sources.list* changing 'stable' (or the
current codename for stable) in the apt lines to 'testing' (or the
current code name for the next stable release). Additional changes in
that file might be required. You may also do this with synaptic.

The code name for the next stable release, e.g. "stretch", will track
"stretch" through its transition into "stable" and later oldstable,
while "testing" will keep rolling on after a new stable release. If you
would rather track the stretch <https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStretch>
release as it becomes stable, update your */etc/apt/sources.list*
replacing "stable" or "testing" with "stretch"."

--
Duncan Hutty