[Freedombox-discuss] Intel Compute Stick

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Tue Jan 13 20:05:38 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 14 January 2015 01:08 AM, Blibbet wrote:
> To me it is unsuitable for a FreedomBox due to firmware, which is
> probably UEFI-based if hardware comes from Intel.

Indeed, proprietary firmware is a deal breaker.

We should consider promising FreedomBox users images and devices with
only free software and firmware.  Especially since we do seem to have
some viable hardware options.  In the last meeting everyone seem to
agree that we should remove non-free repositories from FreedomBox images
wherever possible.  This would be a step further.

--
Sunil