[Freedombox-discuss] Moderate the freedombox list to stop the spam from flowing in?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon May 11 04:45:20 UTC 2015

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I would prefer it if the list send non-subscribers to moderation, as
> this will keep almost all spam away from the list subscribers, and
> hope the moderator can consider this.  Do you agree?  But who is
> really moderating the list?  I got no reply from jimmy (at)
> users.alioth.debian.org.  Is this the wrong email address?

I managed to reach the list owner and he was happy with such change.  In
addition he would like to hand it over to someone more active in the
project, so now James Valleroy is the owner and I am a co-moderator.

The moderation queue already had some old messages waiting to be
accepted from 2011 and onwards, and we have done so now.  It explain the
set of old mails showing up on the list the last few hours.

JFYI.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen