[Freedombox-discuss] "Why Johnny Still, Still Can’t Encrypt: Evaluating the Usability of a Modern PGP Client"

fauno fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Tue Nov 10 12:33:07 UTC 2015

Ben Finney <ben+debian at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> The hard work is to refine such claims so that they make specific
> predictions, and then *test* those predictions against real people's
> real behaviour, in a clinically-controlled trial, and discover whether
> observations of actual people's actual behaviour matches the claim.

what i meant is that clinically-controlled trials don't reflect people's
actual behaviour because they take them as individuals without a
community supporting them.

this is called methodological individualism is you want to give it a
search :)

in my experience, people getting together with some handy hackers can
learn how to use gpg in their email with no special difficulty, without
becoming experts but being able to send encrypted email after all.  i
don't say it's a magic process, but at least it's not assumed that most
people learn by themselves in an empty room.

that was the intention of linking kleiner's article.

--
http://partidopirata.com.ar