[Freedombox-discuss] Wiki content proposals

Philippe philophil_debian at hyperlecture.net
Wed Nov 25 12:45:12 UTC 2015

On 09/11/2015 02:37, Sunil Mohan wrote:
> On 11/09/2015 06:25 AM, philippe at hyperlecture.net wrote:
> [...]
>>> I strongly recommend maintaining translations using PO files instead.
>> -  "Medium is the message". If you build a manual on wiki, you have
>> pages opened to contributions and local creation. If you are using PO,
>> you can do an official PDF manual. I trust this is a question of
>> development stage and that, later, there will be some talks about how to
>> handle official manual and community pages.
> We are building, from wiki pages, PDF manual shipped with FreedomBox
> images and HTML pages used in Plinth help pages.

So Transifex is used now for Plinth accurate translations (PO files). It
may be transitory or not.
While i was talking about an another subject, it appears that i had some
warnings on debian-www irc about this particular FreedomBox move as
Transifex is not free (same for GitHub).
I trust we will advertise in debian-publicity the project and we'll have
the same reactions.

---
Philippe