[Freedombox-discuss] c.h.i.p.

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 16:07:29 UTC 2015

Oh, I missed it.  Thanks!

-Jonathan

    On Friday, November 27, 2015 10:06 AM, "znoteer at hailmail.net" <znoteer at hailmail.net> wrote:

 On Thu, Nov 26, 2015, at 14:24, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> What I'm wondering is if the device qualifies as an "SBC with no flaws"
> or
> possibly "SBC with minor flaws" from the following
> list:https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers
> I saw in their Kickstarter updates that they shipped some alpha boards. I
> was just wondering if anyone here had gotten their hands on one to
> test the claims against reality.
> -Jonathan

Hi,

C.H.I.P. is mentionned on the fsf.org page you reference.  It's under
"Single-board computers with serious flaws":

"The Cubieboard, Gooseberry, CHIP and some versions of the A13-OLinuXino
contain a WiFi chip that doesn't work without nonfree software. See the
documentation of your board for information about using another USB
device (one that respects your freedom) with it.

All the best,

  znoteer at hailmail.net

>    On Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:48 PM, Rodrigo Campos
>    <rodrigo at sdfg.com.ar> wrote:
>

>  On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 05:10:11PM +0000, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> > Hi,Anyone had a look at this:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer
>
> The new raspberry pi zero (for 5 USD) might be interesting, too. It's
> 1ghz arm11,
> 512mb ram, micro SD, micro-USB, mini-HDMI.
>
> Here there's more info:
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/
>

> Thanks,
> Rodrigo