[Freedombox-discuss] Initial login

paul at hartallen.com paul at hartallen.com
Tue Apr 5 11:24:16 UTC 2016

Bob & Petter - thanks for your responses.

I should have provided more information in my original post:

* I have written the image
freedombox-unstable-free_2015-12-13_cubietruck-armhf.img to an SD
micro card
* Inserted the card into the TF reader on a metal case cubietruck
(like http://www.cubietech.com/product-detail/cubietruck-plus-metal/)
and the reboot the device
* I'm then prompted with:
"Debian GNU/Linux stretch/sid freedombox ttly
freedombox login:"

... and this is where I'm stuck.

You'll have determined already that I'm pretty unfamiliar with Linux -
so I need and would appreciate more detailed assistance. Is there a
default user/password to login here? If not, I need help in
understanding how I login "via the browser at freedombox.local" as you
suggested. (In return, I'd write-up the details of getting started
with Freedombox for others who join down the road.)

Many thanks, Paul.