[Freedombox-discuss] Radicale User rights

francois francois at avalenn.eu
Wed Apr 27 19:08:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 08:00:03PM +0200, Dietmar wrote:
> Merci bien Francois,

Avec plaisir.

> I will copy your rights for the owner, but I could not find the general
> syntax of this file.

Documentation is poor for my taste too, I found this one :
http://radicale.org/user_documentation/#idfrom-file

> Can I do something like
>
> >         user: User1,User2,User3
> >         collection: ^.*/OurCalendar.ics
> >         permission: rw

If I understood the documentation correctly it should be :
   user: ^(User1|User2|User3)$

The value is a regexp that the username must match.

> This is an intermediate solution I can do, but to have radicale on a
> level where uneducated users can define access rights, I think this
> feature has to be added into plinth.

I think indeed that we need something to manage this sort of
use-cases.

I personnaly think that a general way to manage groups would be useful
to several freedombox applications, but this is probably overkill for
this specific use-case.

François.

P.S. and just for reference I put here my configuration file for
radicale for using LDAP as a backend as I did not see specific
documentation on this elsewhere :

$ grep -v '^#' /etc/radicale/config  | grep -v '^ *$'
    [server]
    hosts = [::1]:5232
    base_prefix = /radicale/
    realm = FreedomBox Login
    [encoding]
    [well-known]
    [auth]
    type = LDAP
    ldap_url = ldap://localhost:389/
    ldap_base = ou=users,dc=thisbox
    ldap_attribute = uid
    ldap_binddn = uid=radicaleAdmin,ou=users,dc=thisbox
    ldap_password = ****
    [git]
    [rights]
    type = from_file
    file = /etc/radicale/rights
    [storage]
    type = filesystem
    filesystem_folder = /var/lib/radicale/collections
    [logging]
    [headers]