[Freedombox-discuss] raspi 3

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Dec 9 11:07:57 UTC 2016

[Sunil Mohan Adapa]
>> first: I can not login.  what is the login/password?
>
> This is because there is no default password set.  You will need to run
> a tool[1] on the image before using it in order to set password for
> default user 'fbx'.
>
> This, however, should not be needed if you run the first boot wizard on
> the web interface (see below).  You will be able to login using the user
> created during first boot wizard and do sudo.

This use case come up now and then.  What about running a text based
browser pointing to the setup page when booting for the first time?  How
hard can it be?  It would allow people to register their initial user
using the linux console and be able to log in when it is done.

Or perhaps make a simple tty program to register the first user, instead
of using the web page?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen