[Freedombox-discuss] Internet Widgits Pty Ltd?

Olivier Mehani shtrom+freedombox at ssji.net
Fri Dec 23 10:21:33 UTC 2016

On Thu 22 Dec 2016 at 13:49:09 +0000, dgj+lists at systemli.org wrote:
> > > I have not accepted the certificate. Is it unsafe?
> > Kinda. This is generated from the default configuration of OpenSSL. It's
> > definitely not your Let's Encrypt certificate, so something must have
> > gone wrong there.
> > Probably nothing to worry about, just your box using a dummy cert, but
> > you'll need to fix it.
> I tried to revoke the Let's Encrypt certificate to generate a new one and
> got the following error:
> Failed to revoke certificate for domain XXXXXX.freedombox.rocks: An
> unexpected error occurred: Bug in pythondialog: expected an empty output
> from u'infobox', but got: u'Error opening terminal: unknown.\n'Please see
> the logfile 'certbot.log' for more details.
> I looked for the logfil certbot.log in various places (e.g., /var/log/) but
> couldn't find it. Would like to fix this. Any suggestions?

Not sure about the log file (have you tried `locate certbot.log`?), but
I don't think you'd need to revoke your LE cert. There's no indication
that it is incorrect, just that your XMPP server is not using it.

LE puts certs in /etc/letsencrypt. Default OpenSSL certs generaly land
into /etc/ssl. I would wager your XMMP server has either
1. not been restarted
2. its configuration file pointing to /etc/ssl/server.crt, and not the
LE-generated cert.

This is from generic Debian-fu, I'm not sure how FreedomBox would do it,
if different at all.

--
Olivier Mehani <shtrom+freedombox at ssji.net>
PGP fingerprint: 4435 CF6A 7C8D DD9B E2DE  F5F9 F012 A6E2 98C6 6655