[Freedombox-discuss] OpenVPN configuration / FreedomBox 0.7

Stacy Cockrum scockrum at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:08:49 UTC 2016

Just downloaded the most recent release of FreedomBox and experimenting
with the freedombox-unstable-free_2015-12-13_all-amd64.vdi.xz
<http://ftp.skolelinux.org/pub/freedombox/0.7/freedombox-unstable-free_2015-12-13_all-amd64.vdi.xz>
image.  I'm very excited about this product and looking forward to the
upcoming releases.  Currently, I'm having a challenge with the
implementation of OpenVPN.  I have enabled the feature through the
FreedomBox web interface and downloaded the .ovpn file. I then attempted to
create the VPN connection in the cliented by importing the .ovpn file into
the network connections utility.  The client default authentication type is
"Certifictes (TLS)", however, it seems that the .ovpn file is missing the
"User Certificate:" information.  I have also tried the "Password"
authentication type using my FreedomBox login credentials with no success.
I have attempted every search term that I can think of and just can't seem
to find a help page for configuring the client to successfully connect to
the OpenVPN connection.  The gateway is a pagekite URL that I created.  The
client uses Manjaro Archlinux.  Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thank you.