[Freedombox-discuss] Kernel update on BeagleBone Black

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saghul at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:55:11 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I'm having some problems getting FBX working on a BBB (rev B, for
reference).

For some reason I couldn't get the latest release working: it would boot
once, but after the initial reboot it wouldn't boot again. So I went
with an older release (2015-01-15) and dis-upgrades the sh*t out of it.

Now things are working, but it;s still using an old kernel and a
uEnv.txt file. I seem to have 3.16.0 and 4.3.0 kernels installed,
uEnv.txt points to 3.16 and boot.scr to 4.3. I renamed uEnv.txt to get
it out of the way and now it won't boot anymore. I suspect this is what
happens when I flash the latest image.

How can I debug this further? Thanks in advance!

PS: I do have another FreedomBox at home and I'm loving it, great work
everyone!

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
bettercallsaghul.com