[Freedombox-discuss] Designing the Ultimate Internet Gizmo

Dietmar ndcdhimdsa at gmx.de
Fri Jan 15 07:01:09 UTC 2016

Please also have a look at the German https://freifunk.net/ initiative.
Additionally to realizing such a mesh they kind of solve a particular
German legal problem called "Störerhaftung" by routing the traffic
through a VPN to Sweden before going into the public internet. I am not
sure which hardware they use but they have a dedicated firmware for
this. They are testing with TP-Link TL-WR841N, which costs about 16
Euro. My idea still is to somehow combine it with my freedombox some
day.

Dietmar