[Freedombox-discuss] How-can-i-help on Freedombox today

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Jan 20 18:47:40 UTC 2016

On 01/19/2016 03:10 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Sunil Mohan Adapa]
>> The dashboard kind of page you have indicated[1] seems like a good
>> idea.
>
> So, which email address could be use for this?  Perhaps all the
> freedombox related packages should have a common maintainer email
> address, something like the Debian Edu Packaging Team,
>
> I believe the UDD list can be configured.  I know the qa.debian.org list
> can be extended, like we did for
>
> Perhaps freedombox-pkg-team at lists.alioth.debian.org is a good name
> choice?  Everyone maintaining FreedomBox related packages could
> subscribe there.  Or perhaps use
> freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org, but it will cause a lot of
> autogenerated emails to show up on this mailing list, which might drown
> the human discussions and scare people off this list.

freedombox-pkg-team at lists.alioth.debian.org sounds good as it will be
for people interested in packaging and not for everyone.

> Which packages should be have such list as its maintainer?  I suspect at
> least freedombox-setup, plinth and pagekite.  Others?

Perhaps we could also include packages that we heavily depend on to get
our basic functions done such as unattended-upgrades and slapd.  Further
to that, we have app packages such as transmission, etc. especially the
web packages that don't seem to receive a lot of love.

I can pull up a more complete list, if you think we can go on these lines.

--
Sunil