[Freedombox-discuss] Testing out support for BATMAN Adv

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Jul 13 13:32:13 UTC 2016

Hello,

I worked on rudimentary support for configuring BATMAN adv mesh network
through Plinth UI and NetworkManager[1].

I created my own mini network and tested the basics but I could not test
joining any existing network due to none being available around where I
live.  BATMAN adv seems to be very popular with Freifunk networks[2].

I am looking for feedback from tests creating mesh networks and joining
existing ones.  Let me know if any get a chance to test this.

Links:

1) https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/pull/515
2) https://freifunk.net/en/how-to-join/find-your-nearest-community/

--