[Freedombox-discuss] Challenges with Tiny Tiny RSS (tt-rss)

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Tue Jun 21 14:55:10 UTC 2016

On 06/21/2016 05:06 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bob Mottram]
>> Indeed having folks on unstable is a bad idea. Things may improve once
>> the next version of Debian is out (end of 2016?) and there can then be a
>> stable version of FreedomBox.
>
> Sure.  But I suspect we should cater for those wanting a bit more
> stability by prividing a version based on testing for users, in addition
> to the one based on unstable for us developers. :)

We are planning to do this starting with the current ongoing release.
In an regular cycle, when our packages enter unstable, first those
builds will be available and when the packages enter testing a few days
later, testing builds will be made available.

> Because I am not convinced FreedomBox development will be settles down
> enough at the end of the year for us to accept the responsibility to
> keep a stable version working with only security and RC updates for 3-5
> years.

I am very much committed to getting FreedomBox stable enough to go into
Debian stable release by the end of the year.  The bug fixes and polish
that we worked on in the past month is towards that.

I also intend to work on maintaining FreedomBox in Debian stable
post-release for its life cycle.

--
Sunil