[Freedombox-discuss] Locked out of plinth

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Tue Mar 22 22:41:35 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 22 March 2016 06:30 PM, znoteer at hailmail.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've locked myself out of plinth.  I can still ssh into the box, but I
> can't log in to the web interface.  I think I did a bad copy/paste of
> the password into the plinth interface.
>
> This actually happened ages ago, but I haven't had any time to devote to
> fbx for the last couple of months.  Back when it happened I asked on IRC
> and  someone (jvalleroy, IIRC) suggested I delete some file and then
> reinstall plinth.  I can't remember what file I was supposed to delete.
> Can anyone suggest what file (usr/lib/, or /lib, or something like that)
> I need to remove to get back into business?

The file you need to remove is /var/lib/plinth/plinth.sqlite3 .

# systemctl stop plinth
# rm /var/lib/plinth/plinth.sqlite3
# systemctl start plinth

However, a less descructive way is to trigger the first boot wizard
which will let you create another admin account.  For that do this:

# echo "delete from plinth_kvstore where key='firstboot_state';" |
sqlite3 /var/lib/plinth/plinth.sqlite3

--
Sunil