[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox use: quick answer needed

Philippe Baret philippe.baret at mailbox.org
Fri May 27 21:08:00 UTC 2016

Thank you Dietmar, Sunil and James, very usefull, here is one more:

"I use FreedomBox since the end of 2015 as a journalist and content editor. I can't spend that much time learning to run a server. With the help of the active community on IRC and the mailing list, i can now administrate my own web applications to synchronise files between my devices and to propose when needed a chat server for interviews without being datamined. In a nutshell, it am able to shape some versatile degrees of privacy and confidentiality in my personal and professional life. I am contributing to the manual and the wiki content both to learn faster and to give back. I am now in position to use free communications services without giving away my data and my connexions all the time. Finally, with Quassel server, i can turn off my computer without missing any IRC discussions."

Philippe

PS 1: all new and updated cases are now on the wiki
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserExperience

PS 2: FreedomBox introduction at Madrid was interesting in terms of contacts even if the conference was focusing mainly on collaborative platforms for citizens expressing needs. Privacy and data ownership issues were clearly not the concerns of most people at that time. The main question i faced was: ok but what kind of users are you aiming at with FreedomBox? :) Update during the next progress call.