[Freedombox-discuss] Testing ODroid-XU4 Notes

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:12:09 UTC 2016

Sunil Mohan Adapa <sunil at medhas.org> writes:

> It looks like Debian bits are all there and we need bl1, bl2 and
> trustzone binaries to boot[3].  However, there may be hope for it as
> the original reference implementation is free software[4].  We can
> check with #debian-boot folks for more information on how they are
> using the XU4 support added to u-boot.

Hi Sunil, thank you for replying so soon!  I go back and forth on this
one, because it does depend on binary blobs (which I didn't realize when
I'd originally purchased it).  Since freer hardware is probably
available at a fairly similar cost/performance, this should probably go
in the when-we-have-time bucket.

Thanks,
Nick