[Freedombox-discuss] [Re-editted] UNSOLVED: Unattended updates not running

znoteer at hailmail.net znoteer at hailmail.net
Tue Sep 20 22:09:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016, at 23:52, znoteer at hailmail.net wrote:

> > > To make it useful on a non-stable system, you'd have to provide a custom
> > > configuration.
> >

> Yes, see below what I discovered.  I have several jessie boxes, but only
> freedombox runs stable.  I guess when I uncommented the lines everything
> normal.  I'll change it to stretch.

So, I changed it to stretch, and figured that was the end of that.
Checking on it today, however, I had to do a whole bunch of upgrades.
It doesn't look like my log listing has changed since that last time I
posted it in this thread.  The most recent files with data in them are
from September 10:

------------------- begin ls output -----------------------
/var/log/unattended-upgrades# ls -lAF
total 20
-rw-r----- 1 root adm     0 Sep 11 06:25 unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log
-rw-r----- 1 root adm   508 Sep 10 10:00
unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log.1.gz
-rw-r----- 1 root adm  1161 Jun  6 10:23
unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log.2.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  708 Sep 10 10:00 unattended-upgrades.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  281 Sep  9 22:58 unattended-upgrades.log.1.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  390 Jun  6 10:23 unattended-upgrades.log.2.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Dec 10  2015
unattended-upgrades-shutdown.log
/var/log/unattended-upgrades#

Any more ideas?

Znoteer