[Freedombox-discuss] apt

Dietmar ndcdhimdsa at gmx.de
Thu Sep 22 18:26:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

I realized, my last unattended upgrade was on 8-Sept. So I went via ssh
into the box and tried aptitude which recommended me to do a "sudo dpkg
--configure -a", which brought up an error:

> $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
> libapt-inst2.0:armhf (1.3~rc4) wird eingerichtet ...
> Trigger für libc-bin (2.23-5) werden verarbeitet ...
> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes apt (--configure):
>  Paket ist in einem sehr schlechten inkonsistenten Zustand - Sie sollten es
>  nochmal installieren, bevor Sie die Konfiguration versuchen.
> Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
>  apt

"apt is in a very bad shape, you should reinstall it bevor trying to
configure"
So I did an "apt update", which ran through, checked that there were a
couple of packages to upgrade, including apt from 1.3~rc2 to 1.3~rc4.
The "apt upgrade" produced again some errors:

> $ sudo apt upgrade
> Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
> Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
> Probieren Sie »apt-get -f install«, um dies zu korrigieren.
> Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
> E: Unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten. Versuchen Sie, -f zu benutzen.

meaning "unfullfilled dependencies, try "-f".
Before breaking my packages, is it save to use "force"?
Also, what might have caused this, just a bug in "apt"?

I am running on testing.

Thanks
   Dietmar