[Freedombox-discuss] Social networking component?

mray mail at mray.de
Sun Apr 9 09:26:48 UTC 2017

On 07.04.2017 18:01, Rick wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Been following this for a while, you seem to be persisting quite well.
>
> I'm retiring in 6 months (60) and I have a project in mind.  Currently I
> develop situation displays for air traffic control, I'm an expert in
> dynamic SVG.
>
> I'm going to create a suite to develop SVG interactive desktops and or
> desktop elements.  I could take a look at creating an alternative UI for
> Freedom box with encouragement.
>
> So, just gauging interest.

Hello Rick,

What is an "SVG interactive desktop" / "desktop element" in your eyes?

We are in the middle of launching a new Card based UI:
https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/749

It certainly looks like it is going to be a common HTML based UI - what
do you think of that approach and what would you suggest to do in terms
of making use of SVG?

Robert