[Freedombox-discuss] LInksys WRT 1200AC

Josh Blagden jfblagden at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 15:50:44 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

    Has anybody here turned a Linksys WRT 1200AC into a Freedombox? I'm
curious because I think it would be the ideal way to set one up,
especially for proxies and stuff like that where the network topology
would require that the Freedombox being in the "direct chain of command"
instead of being off to the side. I figure that for that kind of thing,
the best thing would be to use a router. In fact, I've heard of setups
where a Freedombox fashioned from a Raspbery Pi or OLinuXino Lime2 or
CubieTruck uses Ethernet for the WAN connection and then makes its own
Wi-Fi hotspot with an external USB wireless card. I think Privoxy could
be useful, but if I were to use it, I'd like it to be running on the router.

Thanks,

                Josh