[Freedombox-discuss] Disks: Error expanding partition

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Fri Feb 10 22:37:19 UTC 2017

On 02/10/2017 03:56 PM, permondes - sagen wrote:
> So I am setting up the box again. 1st step is to expand the 4 GB
> partition to cover the entire 32 GB card. However, as the error
> correctly says, the partition is being used: by Plinth from which I
> started the DISKS command, I assume:
>
>> Error expanding partition: ('disks', '', "Warning:
>> Partition /dev/mmcblk0p2 is being used. Are you sure you want to
>> continue?\nError expanding partition: Command '['parted',
>> '--align=optimal', '--script', '/dev/mmcblk0', 'unit', 'B',
>> 'resizepart', '2', '31914983423']' returned non-zero exit status 1
>> \n")

The issue was reported for Plinth:
https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/627

I think it must be an issue for parted, because '--script' should never
prompt for user intervention, according to its man page.

I've updated the Disks manual to mention it:
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Disks

If we find some work-around, we can add it there.

--
James