[Freedombox-discuss] cannot access plinth config web server

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sat Jan 7 06:20:37 UTC 2017

On 01/07/2017 10:43 AM, Aaron Ferrucci wrote:
[...]
> This shows that apache is running, and would serve up the admin page
> to anything that could connect.
>
> So it seems I'm having a firewall or other connectivity issue, and I
> had
[...]

You are right about the firewall issue.  It appears that 'http' and
'https' services are not services allowed by firewall.  Running the
following will fix the issue:

firewall-cmd --zone=external --add-service=https
firewall-cmd --zone=internal --add-service=https
firewall-cmd --zone=external --add-service=http
firewall-cmd --zone=internal --add-service=http

firewall-cmd --zone=external --permanent --add-service=https
firewall-cmd --zone=internal --permanent --add-service=https
firewall-cmd --zone=external --permanent --add-service=http
firewall-cmd --zone=internal --permanent --add-service=http

However, there is a deeper problem.  The script
/usr/lib/freedombox/first-run.d/90_firewall should have done this for
you automatically.  If it didn't, then it means the freedombox-setup's
first boot script may not have executed at all.  Did you use the
amd64 FreedomBox image to setup your APU1D4?  Did you give enough time
during the first boot to run the script and do a reboot?  If you have
installed freedombox-setup from Debian, did you run setup script?

--
Sunil