[Freedombox-discuss] LIME does not boot, was: boot partition full

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Tue Jan 17 18:56:50 UTC 2017

Am Sonntag, den 08.01.2017, 09:17 +0100 schrieb permondes - sagen:
> Am Samstag, den 07.01.2017, 23:12 +0100 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> > Quoting permondes - sagen (2017-01-07 21:43:59)

> > > Wonderful, James, I am in and on kernel 4.8.0-2. Now, to switch to using
> > > flash-kernel, should I reconfig this kernel? The system will do so with
> > > the next update anyway, I guess.

So I discussed this on the flash-kernel bug list, bug# 851469.
We were not able to put u-boot in a state that allows the LIME box to
boot. I am currently using the old boot.scr script generated by the
mkimage above.
One last proposal was to find a /etc/fw_env.config file to configure the
environmental variables freshly. This file is missing on my box. Does
anyone have one for this system?
But I am actually now preferring to set up a new device. For this a new
live image with version 0.12 is needed. I already tried a fresh set-up
with version 0.9, which was upgraded during install to 0.12, and came
across the same issue. So everyone, who is trying to use the LIME live
image 0.9 (not sure if it is also valid for LIME2) would now run into
this issue. Therefore I would appreciate if someone could generate this
new live image. No rush, as I have a work around thanks to James, and I
do not have too much time to spend on it for the moment either.

	Dietmar