[Freedombox-discuss] Stable image builds

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Tue Jul 18 02:58:37 UTC 2017

On 06/19/2017 11:11 PM, James Valleroy wrote:
> Debian 9.0 (Stretch) was recently released, and it includes FreedomBox!
> This marks the first time that FreedomBox is available in a stable
> release of Debian.
>
> I have built and uploaded stable images for various hardware targets:
> https://ftp.freedombox.org/pub/freedombox/stable-2017.06/
> Please test and report any issues that you find.

Hi all,

An issue was found with the raspberry2 image, where the ethernet MAC
(and IP) address would change on every boot. While we don't know the
root cause yet, there is a workaround using NetworkManager to provide a
stable MAC address.

A new raspberry2 image (2017-07-17) has been uploaded which includes the
workaround. If you use Raspberry Pi 2, please check that it is working
as expected.

--
James