[Freedombox-discuss] freedombox as a home router - bridging wired and wireless networks

Jan Costermans jancostermans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 21:54:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've been using a low power fanless pc with freedombox as my homerouter for
a while now.

I have the external network (WAN/internet) connected to an ethernet port
and connect all laptops and phones in the house to the wifi (internal
network).

My box also has a 2nd ethernet adapter which I would like to use to connect
a PC which does not have a wifi adapter. So I configured it as an internal
network. This works to access the internet. Both can connect to the
internet. But i cannot connect from devices on the wifi network (a laptop)
to the PC on the wired newtork. They were automatically configured in a
different subnet.

What is the best way to achieve this? Can it be configured from within
plinth?

I've been reading about ebtables and bridging, but i'm hoping someone has
already gone through all the steps and can give me some advise.

This is the setup:

WAN/INTERNET  <-VDSL-> ISPmodem <-wired-> | freedombox  |