[Freedombox-discuss] SOLVED re: UPDATE and SUMMARY Re: Mounted FreedomBox SD card, expanded partition, mount mounts old size.

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Sun May 7 18:42:36 UTC 2017

On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 03:17:07PM -0400, I wrote:
> In any case, the most puzzling thing right now is: why is the expanded
> partition not reflected when mounted?  If this could be solved I could
> probably boot and access this FreedomBox image and delete the snapshots
> the native way, via the plinth interface.

Careful reading of the documentation made it clear that this is a 2-step
process.  Expanding the partition (which I did with parted) is only the
first.  Then I had to expand the btrfs FS.  Using btrfs 4.7.3 (that came
with Debian 9) finally worked.  "btrfs filesystem resize max /mnt" did
it.  It only works on mounted partitions.

Augustine