[Freedombox-discuss] First experience

GDR! gdr at gdr.name
Mon Nov 6 17:46:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 16:18:57 +0000
Pascal <heynmoeller at gmx.net> wrote:

> Chromium also doesn't like selfsigned certificates so we should
> advice to use Firefox.

It wasn't a cert problem, it couldn't resolve the host name. `ping
freedombox` worked, I'm not sure what lookup process Chromium is using.

Anyway, the point is: a MOTD is a nice way to tell the user how to
connect. I've seen it in other single-purpose distributions and it's
very useful. For example, this is what you see after installing Proxmox:

https://f.gdr.name/Selection_132.png

vs just the 'login:' prompt in Freedombox.