[Freedombox-discuss] Outreachy: December 2017 to March 2018 (Joseph Nuthalapati) (Leni Kadali Mutungi)

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Mon Sep 11 14:16:15 UTC 2017

I'm also happy to help with #1. I have experience with our open source
project HIE of One https://github.com/shihjay2/hieofone-as and how we use
Ethereum blockchains to control access.

Adrian

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Joseph Nuthalapati <
njoseph at thoughtworks.com> wrote:

> Hi Leni Kadali Mutungi,
>
> I wonder who comes up with the topic for each project, is it the interns
> themselves?
>
> As far as I know, FreedomBox suffers from two major problems:
> 1. accessibility - the ability to reach one's FreedomBox over the internet
> 2. backup - providing a secure backup mechanism to be able to protect
> against data loss
>
> #2 has been addressed partially with work from an intern who worked with
> us on Tahoe-LAFS.
> #1 will be a great project to work on for someone willing to spend 3
> months on it.
>
> The details of #1 haven't been worked out yet, but if the solution is
> going to be blockchain-based I can help. I have some experience building
> a blockchain-based solution as part of another open-source project
> called sovrin. Maybe I can provide some mentoring if required.
>
> Maybe we can brainstorm more with the community and come up with a good
> internship project, if not one of the above two.
>
> --
> Joseph Nuthalapati
> Application Developer

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.
DONATE: https://patientprivacyrights.org/donate-3/