[Freedombox-discuss] can you make audio and video calls with xmpp on jitsi desktop? Reposting.

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Mon Apr 16 06:02:03 BST 2018

On Sunday 15 April 2018 02:27 AM, ni nhar wrote:
> In jitsi desktop file -> account you may select
> xmpp network. Is xmpp also for video and audio? If
> so which
>
> xmpp provider do you recommend?

On a FreedomBox, I have not tried Audio/Video calls with XMPP. On repro,
our SIP server, I have tried Audio/Video calls only on local network. We
have not implemented in FreedomBox TURN/STUN servers that are required
to cover all the situations to connect users from behind NAT.

If you are not using the XMPP server on FreedomBox, I am not sure which
network would be best to use with Jitsi.

--
Sunil