[Freedombox-discuss] matrix-synapse 0.34.0-2 packaging issue

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+freedombox at free.fr
Fri Dec 28 17:29:34 GMT 2018

    > Hi Vincent,
    > Quoting Vincent Ladeuil (2018-12-28 16:51:43)
    >> Yes, matrix-synapse-ldap3 installs a python2.7 module when the python3
    >> one is needed.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure where to report that issue so I thought freedombox being
    >> impacted (as a ldap connected matrix-synapse server configuration
    >> which seems uncommon since it wasn't caught earlier ?), I'll try this
    >> list first.

    > The ideal place to report this issue is a bugreport against the Debian
    > package matrix-synapse-ldap3 - information on how to do that is at
    > https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Thanks, done.

You can follow progress on this Bug here: 917558: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=917558.

Upon reflection though, I'm not sure that will be enough (needed yes,
enough, not so sure).

Who is responsible for installing/configuring the ldap connection ? I
saw nothing relevant in plinth dependencies...

    Vincent