[Freedombox-discuss] Banana Pi BPI-R2

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Tue Feb 13 17:40:46 UTC 2018

Hi Josh,

Quoting Josh Blagden (2018-02-13 17:08:56)
> I was going through the Debian Micronews RSS feed and I stumbled upon
> the 2017 Freedombox progress report. While I was reading through it, I
> noticed that the Banana Pro board was mentioned. So, I did some
> research on Banana Pi and I came came across a neat board that I think
> would make a great Freedombox. Considering that one of the goals of
> Freedombox is to serve as a router, I think the Banana Pi BPI-R2 would
> be a great board for it because in addition to having 2 SATA ports and
> two USB 3.0 ports, it also has 5 ethernet ports (including WAN).
>

> Here's a link to it in case you'd like to check it out:
> http://www.banana-pi.com/eacp_view.asp?id=104.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it sold anywhere as a box (not just a board)? At what price?

Last I checked (quited some time ago) that board lacked a box and its
price was so high that it would likely become too expensive if adding a
box.

More info here: https://wiki.debian.org/CheapServerBoxHardware