[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox on GNU Social and Mastodon

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+freedombox at free.fr
Sat Feb 17 15:27:46 UTC 2018

/thumbs up

    > Yay! \o/
    > I think taking care of Mastodon AND GNU social is redundant.
    > As Mastodon seems to have more users and the sleeker UI I'd propose to
    > drop GNU Social.

<sacarsm>

I think taking care of Mastodon and Twitter is redundant.
As Twitter seems to have more users and $REASON, I'd propose to drop
Mastodon.

</sarcasm>

No, wait.

Allow me to kindly disagree:

People still don't understand what privacy is about. They need to hear
about it from as many places as possible until they understand.

I do hope the cross posting is automated. If not, I'd be happy to help[1].

Just my 2 cents,

     Vincent

[1] Disclaimer: I'm not currently using "social" services.