[Freedombox-discuss] How do we encourage public adoption of Freedom Box

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Sun Jul 1 07:41:19 BST 2018

Hi Chuck,

I completely agree with you!

You might check out some of the following groups that I also belong to:

- https://blogs.harvard.edu/vrm/
- https://diglife.com
- https://mydata.org

Adrian

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 6:33 PM Chuck <rextv9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been watching the Freedom Box initiative since February 2010, when
> Eben Moglin first kicked it off.  With the new public awareness of the lack
> of privacy using social media the time is ripe to reinvigorate the public
> discussion about the merits of Freedom Box.  Jaron Lanier author of delete
> your social media accounts has had a lot of media coverage recently.
>
> Lanier TED Talk:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-PUXPVlos
> Lanier appearance on ABC's the VIEW:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGT1dvDUYo
> Lanier's book:
> https://www.amazon.com/Arguments-Deleting-Social-Media-Accounts/dp/125019668X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530394793&sr=8-1&keywords=jaron+lanier&dpID=41A5b9TMwwL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch
>
> This forum is primarily focused on Technical discussions, is there a
> better forum to make this proposal?
>
> The advertiser based, centralized social media systems are not the answer
> for the future.  I suggest that having install fests, hands-on
> opportunities to install Freedom Box would go a long way towards getting
> public adoption.  The freedombox.org website has material that is over a
> year old.  Having worked with non-technical people the Freedom Box
> resources currently available appeal to technically competent computer
> users -- how we bridge that gap could have a tremendous effect on Freedom
> Box adoption.
>
> I welcome your thoughts, comments, and suggestions.
>
> Regards,
> Chuck Jewell

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.
DONATE: https://patientprivacyrights.org/donate-3/